Recipe: Harraways Oats Pancake Platter
¾ cup Harraways Scotch Oats, Rolled Oats, or Raspberry & Coconut Oats
½ cup plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 egg white
¾ cup milk
25g butter, melted, plus extra for cooking
Crispy bacon, slices of butter, maple syrup, sliced fresh fruit (berries, bananas), mini chocolate chips.
Alternatives: Chocolate hazelnut spread, whipped cream, nuts, scrambled eggs, peanut butter, granola, sausages, yoghurt.
1. Sift flour, baking powder and salt, and make a well in the middle. Combine egg, milk and melted butter, and pour into the well. Add oats and stir to combine.
2. Leave to sit for 5 minutes. Beat egg white until just stiff and fold through batter.
3. Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Melt a little butter and allow to sizzle, then drop in ¼ cup of pancake batter. Cook until bubbles appear, then flip. Cook the other side until golden.
4. Place pancakes on a warmed plate and repeat with the remaining batter.
5. Use a large wooden board or platter and start arranging the toppings. Place the fruit, chocolate chips, and slices of butter down one side. Place the cooked pancakes down the centre of the board. Finish by placing the cooked bacon and maple syrup in a jug on the other side.
6. Serve immediately while pancakes are warm. Enjoy!