This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
We reserve the right to update or revise this policy from time to time. When we update or revise this policy, we will post the date on which that revision takes effect at the end of this policy.
You have no obligation to provide any personal information requested by us. However, if you choose to withhold your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the services or products that depend on the collection and use of that information.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz
How do we collect personal information?
Where possible, we will collect personal information from you directly. This may include:
– When you register to receive our electronic newsletter
– When you register to receive our publication or packs
– When you register to receive our media kit
– When you enter one of our competitions or promotions
– When you contact us via the website, email, post, social media, or telephone call
– When you register to attend or attend one of our events
– When you join our online communities
– When you register to participate in our surveys
– When you answer or take part in our surveys
– When you submit a review
– When you contribute content to Soteria publications or our website
– When you provide us with feedback
What type of information do we collect?
The type of personal information we collect varies based on your activity, the purpose of the collection and the product or service we are providing you. We may collect the following types of personal information:
– Your name
– Your residential or postal address
– Your telephone number
– Your email address
– Your date of birth
– Your gender
– Other information you may make publicly available online (including but not limited to on social media platforms)
– Your answers to our survey questions
– Any other information you disclose to us
– Additional information about you that is publicly available
– Aggregated data generated by our systems and third-party systems that we use to track and analyse traffic and online movements to, from and on our website that does not identify you personally
How do we use your personal information?
We will collect your personal information for the performance of our business activities and functions that includes providing a range of products and services to you, which may be:
– For verification of your identity
– To deliver our products and services to you
– To communicate with you
– To inform you if you have won a competition
– To send you our electronic newsletter
– To market our content to you, including contacting you electronically such as by email or using Facebook or Google to advertise to you
– Retargeting marketing campaigns
– For marketing and research purposes
– For product development
– To sell advertising on our website and ensure the advertising you are shown is relevant to you and your interests
– For any other uses authorised by you
We may not be able to do these things without your personal information.
To whom and in what situations will we disclose personal information?
– Third party organisations who are sponsoring or otherwise involved with or participating in a promotion, offer, competition or survey
– Other companies or individuals we engage to perform functions on our behalf, such as mailing a pack, mailing information or prizes, data analysis, telemarketing, research and advertising and website support services.
– Third party websites when you have selected a link from our website to be redirected to their website
Protecting your personal information
We respect the importance of protecting your personal information. We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification, disclosure, or other misuses.
How to access and correct your personal information
Any personal information that you provide to us will be collected and managed by us. We will only keep your personal information for as long as reasonably required for the purposes we collected it and in accordance with this policy, unless we are required to hold it for longer under law.
Under the Privacy Act 1993, it is your right to ask us for access to the personali information we hold about you, and you may ask us to correct, update delete the personal information about you that we hold. To do so, contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you unsubscribe from our newsletter, we will hold your email address for the purpose of ensuring we do not send you any future marketing communications.
Updated: June 2020